Monday, November 29, 2010

Player Profile: Jennifer Dawson

Jennifer Dawson
Jennifer Dawson is the #2 seed for the Women's 40's National Hard Court Championship, and another local of San Diego. She did quite well in the first round, and is well on her way to being a tough competitor this year. Her opponents had nothing but compliments and good things to say about her. She is definitely going to be a force to be reckoned with this year.
Racket- Babolat Pure Drive
String- Prince Synthetic Gut
Tension- 60 lbs.
Location- Carlsbad, CA
When was a changing point in your tennis career, when you really began to take it seriously?
I would have to say that playing college tennis really altered the way I approached tennis. In high school, I didn't take tennis too seriously. On a college team, you realize you are representing your school. I really wanted to play well for my school, so I started to take it more seriously.

What was the farthest you got in your tennis career?
I played at University of San Diego, as the #1 player for four years. Also, I played in the pro circuit, and was ranked #400.

How was your experience as a professional?
It is a tough life to play professionally. There is a lot of traveling and being away from home for long periods of time involved. You have to really enjoy it, or else it will be really tough on you.

What was your proudest tennis moment?
When USD was ranked #14 in the country. I knew that I had helped the team get to that spot, and I was really proud of what we had accomplished. 

What are you doing in the tennis community now?
I am teaching tennis at La Jolla Recreation Center. I also play in some ladies leagues and some tournaments here and there. 

What is one piece of advice you would give to fellow tennis players?
Always try your hardest. Whatever happens, happens, but you have to give 100%!

No comments:

Post a Comment