Monday, November 29, 2010

Player Profile: Nelson Alapi

Nelson Alapi
Nelson Alapi is a tennis pro here at La Jolla Beach and Tennis Club. I have had the pleasure of knowing Nelson for quite some time, and I can personally say that he is a great tennis player with a megawatt personality.  Growing up in Buenos Aires with clay courts, he had a different experience playing tennis then most do. He has been playing tennis for most of his life, and it shows in his game!

Racket- Wilson BLX Pro Tour FX Team 
String- Luxilon Adrenaline 
Tension- 61 lbs.

How far did you get in your tennis career?
I played satellite professional tennis as part of the ATP Tour. It was a lot of fun, but tough. It required a lot of physical hard work, and that was difficult. I did take a lot away from the experience. I learned a lot about self-reliance and resilience under pressure. 

What was a changing point in your tennis career?
I got an offer to teach tennis at Club Med, and it really changed my life! I was given the opportunity to teach what I love in a great place! I worked there for about four years.

Who is someone you are not looking forward to playing in this tournament.
I don't want to have to play Jeff Greenwald. He won the tournament last year, and is great competitor!

What was your proudest tennis moment?
I took a fifteen year hiatus from tennis. Being able to start playing tournaments again after such a long time away was very rewarding. 

What is your advice for fellow tennis players?
Go out there and play! Don't think too much about technique, just hit lots of balls!




1 comment:

  1. I like this article, Wilson Tennis Racketsgive us a better life. Meanwhile, also Wilson Tennis Rackets welcome your return visit.

    ReplyDelete