Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Player Profile: Anthony Smith

Anthony Smith
Anthony Smith has been doing quite well the first two days of the Men's 40's Hard Court Championships, winning his first two matches. He is a family man, here with his daughter Kendall, with a love and passion for tennis. Although he is native of Los Angeles, San Diego holds a special place in his heart.

Racket- Prince Triple Threat
String- Prince ProBlend
Tension- 68 lbs.
Location- Los Angeles, CA

Why did you start playing tennis?
I had always enjoyed playing as a kid, and I thought it would be fun to start. I have been playing since I was 12 years-old.

How was your experience playing tennis at Mesa?
It really improved my skills. I learned a lot about conditioning and competitiveness. Working with a team was also a learning experience.

What was a defining moment in your tennis career?
A big moment for me was when I moved to San Diego. I got the opportunity to play tennis at Morley Field in North Park for 3 years. I was surrounded by great players, and it was really a great environment.

How are you active in the tennis community now?
I am currently teaching tennis at a facility in Beverly Hills. I really love it there, I teach quite a few people. It is a great place.


No comments:

Post a Comment